The Universal Precautions course provides training and information on the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard for individuals at risk of occupational exposure to blood and other potentially infectious materials (OPIM). This OSHA standard is a federal mandate requiring the use of Universal Precautions and other engineering and work practice controls to provide a safe workplace for employees. Exposure to blood and OPIM could result in transmission of bloodborne pathogens, which could lead to disease or death.
Audience: The target audience for Universal Precautions course includes incumbent health care workers
Contact Hours: 16.00 non-credit hours
Certification: This is a compliance course.
- The Universal Precautions course includes 4 non-credit contact hours.
- This course is self-paced.
- This course is a compliance course that is required for anyone working in the health care field.
- The Universal Precautions course can be included with other occupation-specific courses in conjunction with multiple certification programs.
- This course is not a CEU.
- This course is appropriate for entry-level students, or can be used for professional development by incumbent workers.
- This course is a complete, ready-to-deliver, customizable online course, including syllabi, lesson sequences and course objective descriptions.
- The Universal Precautions course content is written to meet specific curriculum and course outcomes and every content item is mapped to a specific course objective.
- Interactive classroom lectures are self-contained learning objects.
- All content has been developed and created by industry leading subject matter experts and instructional designers.
Completion Document: Certificate of Completion