The ICD-10 course provides students with an overview of the ICD-10 for both diagnosis and procedure coding. It covers the transition from ICD-9 to ICD-10 and reviews the changes and updates. Students will learn the new codes, the structure, and nature of the characters. They will also learn how to use the appropriate reference manuals and guides to create diagnosis codes from the ICD-10-CM and procedure codes from the ICD-10-PCS.
Audience: The target audience for the ICD-10 course are medical professionals who are already coding and need to upgrade to the new system.
Contact Hours: 16.00 non-credit hours
- Describe the purpose of ICD-10
- Compare ICD-10 to ICD-9
- Explain the functions, processes, and procedures of diagnostic coding
- Describe procedural coding
- Analyze electronic coding tools
- Practice coding for a variety of purposes and settings
- Discuss the future of coding
Completion Document: Certificate of Completion