HIPAA Privacy Rule Course
The HIPAA Privacy Rule Training for Health Care Organizations course provides a foundation for all learners for the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). The course defines HIPAA and introduces its most current information, including privacy rules and security rules, and provides students with opportunities to locate information on the HIPAA. Students are encouraged to consider HIPAA from the perspective of the patient as well as the Covered Entity. In addition, students are introduced to the Act and its impact on electronic medical records. At the end of the course, students will be able to implement safeguards with HIPAA.
Audience: The target audience for the HIPAA Privacy Rule Training for Health Care Organizations course includes anyone who works in a health care setting where individual medical records are generated, kept, or stored, Medical Assistants, Dental Assistance Medical Billers and Coders, Nursing staff.
Contact Hours: 8.00 non-credit hours
Certification: Certificate of completion in HIPAA Compliance
- Define HIPAA
- Explain the Privacy Rule
- Describe the HIPAA Security Rule
- Identify guidelines for protecting patient information
- Identify how HIPAA policy can be breached
- Define a covered entity
- Identify the entities affected by HIPAA
- Define HITECH
- Identify the safety measures that must be taken to protect electronic medical records
- Explain steps that office managers must take to ensure their agency is compliant with HIPAA