This course is provided in accordance to the AHA’s guidelines using the PACT acronym (Protect, Act, Clean, and Tell) to help students learn and easily recall bloodborne pathogens training.
This course is tailored for Vocational instructors, Correctional Officers, Childcare workers, Security Guards, Maintenance workers, School personnel, Hotel Housekeepers, Health and Fitness Club Staff , individuals in professions with a risk of exposure to body fluids and the use of invasive tools.
Students learn how to:
• Protect themselves from exposure to bloodborne pathogens
• Act when exposed to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
• Clean themselves and the area when exposed to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
• Tell or report any exposure to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
This course is available online or a Classroom-based utilizing video as an instructional tool followed by hands on training and skills conducted throughout the session. Designed to meet Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements for bloodborne pathogens training when paired with site-specific instruction
• Available for first-time or renewal bloodborne pathogens training.
The E-Learning (online lessons), Students complete a series of online lessons and interactive questions. No skills session is required.